Live shopping has become increasingly popular in recent years, with more and more businesses using this interactive form of e-commerce to drive product discovery, sales and to engage with their customers. However, many decision makers may feel intimidated by the idea of setting up live shopping for their brand, assuming that it requires extensive technical expertise and resources. In this blog post, we'll explore why setting up live shopping is not as hard as you might think, and how it can benefit your business.
- User-Friendly Platforms: One of the main reasons why setting up live shopping is more straightforward than you may believe is due to the readily available and user-friendly platforms that are available. Many live shopping platforms, such as Smartzer, are easy to use, even for those without much technical expertise. They offer step-by-step guides and tutorials to help you set up your live shopping events quickly and efficiently. Dedicated support teams provide assistance from onboarding to launch, and continue to provide a helping hand throughout your business’ live shopping journey. This helps to make the process of launching live shopping a more simple one.
- Minimal Equipment Required: Another reason why setting up live shopping is not as challenging as you may have anticipated is because it requires minimal equipment. All you need is a smartphone, ring light and a stable internet connection to stream your live shopping events. You can host events on your existing e-commerce platform, helping to reduce steps in the purchase journey for your customers.
- Easy to find hosts: With the host(s) being central to the live shopping experience, you may worry that it may be hard to source a talented and knowledgeable host. However, using your own employees is a simple way to find a great host! Employees know both your products and customers well, helping to form a close connection with the audience viewing the stream. If you would prefer to use influencers in your streams, there are several agencies that can set you up with an experienced livestream host.
- Cost-Effective: Live shopping is also cost-effective compared to traditional marketing and advertising channels. You can reach a larger audience with a live shopping event, without spending a lot of money on advertising or marketing. Simple social and email campaigns to raise awareness of your live show are a great way to attract customers. Having a regular schedule for your live show is a virtually zero-cost way of growing the audience too.
- Flexibility: Finally, live shopping is flexible and adaptable to your business needs. You can schedule live shopping events around your busy schedule, and tailor your events to your specific audience and products. Tools like Smartzer allow you to live stream pre-recorded content, helping you to record content at a time that suits your business, then go live at a time where you can reach the largest proportion of your customers. You can also experiment with different formats, such as flash sales or product demos, to see what works best for your business.
In conclusion, while setting up live shopping may seem daunting at first, it is not as hard as you might think. This cost-effective and flexible format comes with user-friendly platforms, minimal equipment requirements, and easily sourced hosts. Live shopping can be a valuable addition to your e-commerce strategy, so why not give it a try and see how it can benefit your business?
To get in touch with Smartzer, an award winning live shopping platform, and find out more, click here.